Wednesday, June 12, 2013

*Do You Take Your Skin for Granted?*

Lets face it, most of us have abused our bodies. First off, for my southern Floridians, I am sure most of you have avoided sunscreen at one point or another. Wether it was as a tween, teen, early twenties, and etc. Did you make the right choice? The reality is that your skin may be paying the ultimate consequences. The sun doesn't seem like it will destroy your skin, but trust me when I say little by little it does. You don't think about the sunscreen when you want a nice tan, but you actually should. If you want nice skin later in life, start earlier rather than after. When I was a child, I was lucky enough to have parents that taught me to worship my skin. My fondest memories are going to Brighton Beach in New York with my father. Before I was allowed to touch the water, he made sure I was covered in sunscreen. The salty, sweet, aroma of the ocean air combined with my "Banana Boat" 50 SPF sunscreen vividly plays in my mind. Every inch of my body was covered. I didn't appreciate it then, but now I do. As I look at fellow classmates, I notice the slow destruction of their skin. Many of them are in their mid-twenties and covered in wrinkles. Maybe they are naive to their looks or they may not care, but I would. As soon as I noticed many of  my peers developing wrinkles, I started taking very good care of my skin. I get bi-monthly facials, use moisturizing facial creams, etc. Many blame the slight creases on their skin on genes, but I blame it on sun worshipping. Not only does this cause wrinkles, but also skin cancers. As the years fly by, the sun gets stronger. It's important to avoid the burning rays by applying and reapplying sunscreen to your skin. You may not see the consequences. Maybe it's because you simply don't care or because you're blind to your appearance. I would care because when your thirty, you don't want people to mistake you for forty. By then, the damage may already be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment