Monday, October 7, 2013

First Tutoring/Teaching Experience


This morning, I had the opportunity to tutor a little girl for the first time. I helped her learn new words, sound them out, and fill in the blank sentences. It started off really well. At times, she stunned me. She purposefully sounded words out the wrong way and added extra letters for more time or to avoid the task. I admit, I was a little unprepared because I didn't know what to expect. I noticed that we spent more time talking back and forth. Next time, I will allow her to dictate the class, avoid the "no" word, and review the differences between different letters that look the same. Tomorrow morning, I have the privilege of dictating my first adult class. Hopefully, it goes as smoothly as today and I don't feel intimidated or discourage my class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment