Saturday, May 4, 2013

***Tattoos and their Meanings- Skin Deep?****

Everyone who has a tattoo has a certain meaning behind them. Whether it was just for fun or symbolizes a certain event in the persons life. Well, each one of my 8 tattoos mean something. When I was 17, I got my first real tattoo, which is a magenta tiny butterfly on my right pelvic bone. It symbolizes a journey of freedom, rebellion, and transformation. My second tattoo, a cross on my left pelvic bone, means faith and moving forward. My palm tree on my left, lower back corner symbolizes unity with my friend that came to America from Italy for the first time. When I was 20, I decided to get a portrait of a baby in angel wings on my left rib cage, which honors all of the departed in my life. It reads, "Nelle Braccia Degli Angeli," which means, "in the arms of the angels." My strength tattoo on my right angel is a symbol of friendship and my inner force with my best friend in New Jersey, Alana. My dove tattoo is a connection between my sister and I for her 18th birthday. When I was 22 I decided that I needed a tattoo that described myself, so in the center of my lower back, I got, "La Mia Anima, Le Mie Parole," "My Soul, My Words." I have wanted that tattoo since I was in 6th grade. It symbolizes my passion for writing. When I was 23, I decided that I wanted to add a tattoo that symbolized my intense love for Italy and my best friend Claudia. Beneath my words, I added a gigantic sunflower with great detail. It looks like it's blowing in the wind on my back. Finally, I have one last tattoo that I've been trying to remove for the past three years. When I was 15, I decided that I wanted to brand my hand with my first true love's initial. Someone I'd think of and admire for the rest of my life. I don't regret the tattoo, I regret the heartache he caused me because I allowed it for many years. It was an intense disappointment. It's slowly fading, but the "C" pops through it all. My consultant lied and told me it would take 2 treatments. It's been 9. Hopefully, with one more, it will be gone. I express the story of my life through my tattoos and my words. That is the inner meaning and light of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment