Monday, May 6, 2013

^* Daily Routines & Why I'd Make a Great Journalist*^

Well, this dream of mine started when I was very young. Maybe I was in Kindergarten. I don't really remember. What I do remember is my love for telling a story. When I was 11 years old, I wrote 278 pages of a story in one day. It wasn't a great story, but an interesting one. I'd also sit around and write poems or songs. They were really intense and poignant in every meaning of the words. When I finally arrived at university, I knew I wanted to involve writing in my daily life. I chose Communications Mass Media as a major because of my love of writing and to learn different aspects of the industry. Communications Mass Media is a very broad major, which focuses on the news, journalism, radio, movies, etc. In my college career, I learned many interesting things because I also chose to take a variety of psychology classes and writing classes. I managed to achieve all A's in every single writing class I had. My junior year, my teacher inspired me to pursue my dreams of composing a novel. She had faith in my words and that's all it took for me to initiate my book. It has been an interesting journey, thus far. I've been reliving past experiences through my favorite things, a pen and paper. It's been taking longer than expected, but that's because of the painful memories that are involved in chapters of my life. My favorite thing to do is research and read the news. I love discovering new things. Every morning I wake up, read an American newspaper, and then an Italian newspaper. My friends in Europe are shocked that I know more information than they do. I simply tell them that it's a passion of mine. They laugh and smile. We all make a certain hobby or pastime part of our day. It makes life worth living. What's yours? If you don't have one, find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment