Monday, June 22, 2015

*Vaccines: Why I chose to do one at a time*

I know what you're thinking. "What a controversial topic to talk about? What kind of a mother are you? You're not right. You are wrong."
Listen, I am in no place to judge any parent on their choices. Guess what? Neither are you. I have chosen what I think is best for my child. Why I think it's best is what I will share with you. Everyone has their opinions on vaccines. Basically, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. It's important to know that I am not against vaccinating my child. I am against giving a combinational dosage of vaccines. Why? Because I believe my child's body cannot handle it. I have done plenty of research on vaccines. When I was a baby, I received a combinational dose that left me with a fever for 23 days. The same thing happened to my niece. I refuse to put my child at risk. I agree, every infant is different, but you will not know until they have received the immunization. I am doing one shot at a time because vaccines have been linked to brain damage. Vaccines also have small dosages of mercury and other additives that may be harmful to my child. Vaccines may cause fevers, vaccines can cause seizures, and I repeat again, vaccines CAN CAUSE BRAIN DAMAGE. Personally, I know an infant that had brain damage linked to the MMR vaccine. The health department was sued and the family received a settlement from them. Will that ever bring their healthy child back? Will that ever reverse the neurological damage? Will that ever make up for the emotional and physical destruction their family has endured? The answer is, no. That will not bring back their healthy child and it will not fix the problem. It will help with medical issues and treatments the child is forced to endure its entire life. You can think whatever you want about me. I think I am human. I believe I am making the right choice. How do I know? Because a nurse approached me as my child was receiving her one dosage vaccine today and commended my parenting skills. Her exact words, "You're doing a great job. It's a lot for them." I thanked her and told her that not everyone would agree with her. I have been called a terrible parent. I have been called stupid and plenty of other names. I think I am doing it the safe way. I think that my child's risk of developing any side effects is more minimal than others. I think I am a smart mother. I think I am intelligent. You can call me whatever names you want, bring it on. I am being a good mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment