Tuesday, November 12, 2013

*The Fortune Behind the Fortune Cookie*



Well, today I received a fortune cookie much like every time that I enjoy Chinese food. It triggered something in my brain that caused me to ponder about the meaning of the message. How many fortune cookies are opened each day? Probably, a lot. What is the purpose of the message. Well, if you think about it, it's there to make everyone's day a little brighter and maybe it can change a life. Imagine someone who is extremely depressed and opens a cookie that thrusts them to smile. That one little word or saying brightened that persons day. If you're lucky, you may get the same one more than once. What does that mean to you? Fortune cookies don't actually tell the future, but they cause people to ponder about their circumstances. I always love opening a cookie and learning a phrase I may have never known before. So, the next time you see anyone that's depressed, toss them a cookie. You may turn their day upside down. Never hesitate to read the little message. It could brighten your smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment