Wednesday, September 25, 2013

*My Messages & Tips for Young Girls Struggling From Bullies*


Believe it or not, I am a victim of childhood & preteen bullying. Many people in my past tortured me for what I wore, how I looked, and it started from the 3rd grade and ended in the beginning of 8th grade. The most honest thing I can say, is that moving to Florida was the best decision my parents ever made. I went through many different phases in my life. In third grade, I decided that I didn't want to be "popular" anymore. My friends were very upset with me. I started to hang out with a girl that everyone teased. She was my best friend for three years. The things that girls can say to young people in elementary and middle school are heartbreaking. Boys downgrade certain girls because of what the "popular" ones say about them. I was called ugly, disgusting, skinny, flat chested, frizzy haired, and etc. by many people in school. I never defended myself  to avoid confrontation. I always kept to myself and never let it get to me when people who once were my friends destroyed me. It hurt when these people would hang out with me after school, but avoided me while in class to "protect" their reputation. I am unique and I always have been. My style is my own and I am not ashamed of it. It has always been this way. The things that cut through me the most and made me cry everyday at home after school was the name calling. There's only so much a kid can do before they break. I was even accused of serious accusations, which I will not name because people thought I cared about their lives. It got so bad that in 7th grade, I would spend half my time in the nurses office. I would pretend I was sick, so that I didn't have to go to class. She told me that she was tired of seeing me and that I wouldn't pass any of my classes if I spent all my time in her office. Somehow, I couldn't confide in her. I didn't tell her about the people that ridiculed my appearance and the shape of my nose. I didn't tell her about the girls that picked on me and pushed my books down the stairs for no reason. They were despicable and had no excuse! When I moved down to Florida, it was a clean slate for me. People never called me names and most importantly, they respected me as a human being. Yes, for most of you that haven't figured it out yet, I am talking about Nutley, NJ. I love my hometown because it made me who I am today. Many girls can't handle the ridicule I've faced and they take what they think is the best resort. Losing a life gives your bullies satisfaction. Show them you can live. Continue going to school and being yourself. No one has the right to take away your dignity. As an adult, I've gotten the last laugh and deep satisfaction from apologies! Believe it or not, my bullies apologized to me for being jerks! They claimed they were jealous of me. The guys also apologized and some of them even asked me out. I refused most of them. Many people think I'm perfect and don't understand. I am a victim of bullying. It destroyed my self-confidence and self-esteem, but I survived and you can too! If you ever become a victim of bullying and feel that the only way out is death, please contact 866-939-0911 or 18002378255. It's never too late to get help. You are never alone! That's what I felt for so many years, but I wasn't. Don't be weak! Choose your life. It's more valuable than you may believe

No comments:

Post a Comment