Friday, September 20, 2013

*Church By The Glades*



Well, hello everyone! I usually don't post much about inspiration or spiritual guidance, but I felt like I had to share my experience with all of you. I was raised as a devout Catholic. I attended Catechism classes was baptized Catholic, made my first holy communion, and my confirmation. After that, I became dedicated to the Church. I attended a private Catholic High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was required that students complete 250 hours of Community Service by their graduation. Although, I have a terrible voice, I've always been fascinated with music and joined Choir at my school for four years. It was suggested that I become part of my local choir group at my local Catholic Church. I gained community service hours and met wonderful people. I am an alto. I didn't pursue singing because I'm not great at it, but after finishing my service, I became a CCD (Catechism) teacher for a kindergarten class at the local church. It was a lot of fun teaching and inspiring my kindergarteners. They were so adorable! I attended weekly Sunday mass, but after high school, I strayed away from church. I didn't feel connected as much as I used to based on personal events. In the past few years, my mother introduced me to a new upbeat kind of church. I attended it a few times and tears swelled in my eyes. I felt connected! It was the most amazing feeling in my heart. Many have judged it and called it a loud atmosphere. It's for a younger crowd and brings together youth with adults. They praise The Lord through  pop and rock music. It's the most inspiring thing I've ever been a part of. I'm not trying to preach The Lord on anyone and Church by the Glades doesn't either. They accept all people to listen. I suggest, if you live in south Florida, to attend Church by the glades and experience the unbelievable unity it reintroduces into the world. It made me appreciate and cope with many difficulties in my life. It continues to do so! Find your place of love and worship, wherever and whatever it may be!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment