Monday, April 8, 2013

"Let's Go to Church? -Losing our Holy Days in America"

Since before I could remember, Sundays were always reserved for mass. We'd start and end in holy prayer. It was truly refreshing and mind clearing to sit through the sermon. At those times, I took it for granted. Many Sundays are occupied with work time and useless activities for Americans. Instead of going to mass, we believe that we can pray at home and it's the same thing. In reality, it's not. We live in a world that has lost the fundamentals of religion. Sure, with time, things change, but is it truly in our best interest? I find myself pondering about the special times I had in mass. As the days pass and I watched many holidays come and go, I feel trapped. I hope that my life doesn't become consumed by senseless activities for a lifetime. Church was a family time of healing. Now, it's been one year since I've attended a mass and I'm feeling a little depressed. It's sad to watch others come and go, feeling refreshed. Sometimes, I feel trapped and I know that I am. It's unfortunate that I can't venture and enjoy the holy day. I hope that one day life transforms and I am able to attend a Sunday mass anywhere. Our society values downtime activities, such as working, drinking, going to the beach, and fooling around, instead of church. We need to get our morals in check and remember the important aspects of life. We must never lose ourselves. God is always waiting for us. He will never let us down. He understands our downfalls and our triumphs. He's rooting for us, so we should root for him! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment