Monday, December 16, 2013

*How to Adapt to a New Puppy*

If the opportunity arises, take it. I've wanted a new dog forever! My wish came true last night. Her name is Athena and she is 5 weeks old. As soon as I saw her photo, I fell in love. If I didn't take her, I'm not sure where she would end up. I've never owned a puppy in my life, so I didn't know what to do. Thankfully, my boyfriend has had them in his life forever, so he's able to train me. We already have a cat, so I'm glad that we're taking her in small. That way, Max can get used to her and vice versa. I've always loved animals and once dreamed of becoming a vet. They've always soothed my soul. Athena is currently in the potty training process, but is accustoming well. I'm proud of her. She knows what she can and can't chew on and if there is an issue, I'm sure we can fix it. The purpose of my post is, that if you get a new dog, make sure you introduce it to other dogs and children. That way, it knows to be playful and not attack others. Athena is a baby, so she can be trained, which is awesome. She is so heartwarming and I'm looking forward to our future together.

No comments:

Post a Comment