Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"The Most Splendid Three Tenors in the World-" "Il Volo"

Last night at 8:00 PM EST, I had the opportunity to travel to Miami Beach and watch "Il Volo" perform at the Fillmore in the Jackie Gleason Theatre. Of course, on the way to the show there was a lot of congestion on I-95 S. I was also running late and never imagined that I would make it in time. Especially since, it was a spur of the moment invitation. My father actually introduced "Il Volo" along with their Italian manager to their American promoter. I was given the opportunity to sit in before the initial proposal was made. It was extremely enthralling and was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I never imagined that "Il Volo" would have such a profound effect on the crowd. When I first heard them spread their lips and hold a note, I was speechless. Three very different voices, meshed into a perfect tune. They all have diverse personalities and angelic voices. Gianluca is the "pop star" of the group, Ignazio reminds voice reminds me of one of the most famous opera singers in the world, Andrea Bocelli, and Piero's articulation is similar to the late, Luciano Pavarotti. It was a pleasure to attend the concert and sit in the orchestra section. The boys have an incredible sense of humor and were able to entertain their audience at every glitch in the show. I never imagined that they would address their crowd. It was exceptionally poignant because they spoke in a language that was not their own. They also sang in English, which I usually do not like to see because sometimes there is an accent. I also feel that the mother language is the most impressing one. Contrary to my usual beliefs, I was left jaw dropped. All of the hairs on my arms stuck straight up. The crowd was going insane for these three Italian boys. It's also intensely inspiring because it's difficult for Italian artists to sweep America off their feet. Unfortunately, many Americans are into Latin artists because they're the "future" of this country. So, it's electrifying to see that these boys have not only captured America, but their youth. There are no words to describe the feeling, as an Italian American living in a country, which does not fully embrace the culture or importance of the language. In this country, a job applicant must comprehend Spanish to completely succeed. All other languages appear insignificant. Luckily, I am fluent in both Italian and Spanish. My pronunciation in Spanish is not as well as Italian, but I move along well. I understand everything and am able to respond. I am in love with Europe, especially Italy and it brought comfort and peace to my heart to watch these boys sing. I truly believe, that they have what it takes to succeed and further fulfill a dream that many can only wish for in America. God Bless them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment